Enjoy a delicious indulgent treat with this Vanilla Cheesecake Recipe.
It’s important to follow the instructions precisely and allow for the cheesecake to set overnight.Prep: 20mins / Overnight Refrigeration
Serves: 12 Slices
500g Soft Cheese
250g Digestive Biscuits
1tbs Vanilla Extract or 1 Vanilla Pod
280ml Double Cream
- Line and butter a 23cm loose-bottomed tin with baking paper. Place 250g digestive biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush to crumbs or use a food blender.
- Transfer the crumbled biscuit to a bowl, then pour over 100g melted butter. Mix thoroughly until the crumbs are completely coated. Tip them into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Chill in the fridge for 1 hr to set the base.
- For the filling, place the soft cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl, then beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour in the double cream and continue beating until the mixture is combined.
- Spoon the filling mixture onto the biscuit base, working from the edges inwards and making sure that there are no air bubbles.
- Smooth the top of the cheesecake down with the back of a dessert spoon or spatula. Leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- Done. Enjoy your delicious cheesecake