I love cinnamon spice, so I switch out the ginger in ginger biscuit recipes with cinnamon. The perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee.
350g self-raising flour
pinch of salt
200g caster sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon (or more)
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
100g golden syrup
1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 °C.
- Sift the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and bicarbonate soda together in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat until the butter has melted. Then pour the contents into the mixing bowl over the other ingredients.
- Add the egg and mix with a wooden spoon until a dough is formed. Then use your hands to form small balls (around 28 in total).
- Place the balls spaced well apart onto a baking tray layered with baking paper.
- Press down the centre of the balls with your thumb making them slightly flat.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes. Then allow to cool on a wire rack.